Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Advent Countdown - Day 4 - China

Today was one of those days.... you know the kind.... where you don't feel like two cents, yet have SO much to do, and you feel like you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off!  Yup - one of THOSE days.  Thankfully, my dear sweet hubby helped out with school his afternoon, since this morning was full of doctor appointments and blood tests.

Our Bible verses were Jeremiah 33:14-16.  These are some of my favorite verses, telling of the Coming King.  "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah: In those days and at that time I will cause to grow up to David A Branch of righteousness; He shall execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In those days Judah will be saved, And Jerusalem will dwell safely. And this is the name by which she will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS."  This brought about a huge conversation of lineage.  I am ashamed to say that I never stopped to think about the fact that Jesus is in the lineage of Leah and not Rachel.  Hmmmmm - I think I need to do more pondering on the significance of that.  Though it did cause me to reflect that God knows best, even when we do not get what we are "suppose to" or "really want" or even think we are getting, from the world....

Continuing up through Asia, we spent spoke time discussing China.  Sadly, only about one percent of the population in China is Christian!  Our oldest was quite perplexed by this, as we have read the story of Gladys Aylward.  Anyways, those who do celebrate Christmas are usually in the major cities.  Paper chains and paper flowers are the decorations that might be on their Christmas trees.  For this reason, we decided to make our own paper chains :)


We didn't have a book that goes along with Christmas in China, so we decided to read one of our favorite Christmas books - A Circle City Christmas, by Dan Foote.  This is seriously a sweet book, that my kids and myself LOVE to read every year!!!!

For dinner, we ate some Honey Glazed Chicken Wings and Stir Fried Rice.  Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment