Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Geography - Norway

Last year, for Geography, we studied various countries in Europe.  For some reason, I did not get all of our countries we studied posted here on my blog.  Recently, I have been asked if I would go back and add some of those countries. I am going to do my best to recap some of those countries, but please understand it has been awhile since we actually studied them :/

We studied Norway over a week time.  Like some of the other countries, we used My Father's World curriculum, Confessions of a Homeschooler's curriculum, and other websites to try to get a decent look at the country.

Day 1:
Stamped our passports
Located Norway on the wall map
Completed our John 3:16 page
Colored a map and flag page
Completed the Coat of Arms

Day 2:
Read facts regarding Norway
Colored pictures of the traditional clothing
Looked at common words and phrases
Looked at numbers 0 to 10 in Norwegian

Day 3:
Worked on animal pages, including of the European elk, Brown bear, Eurasian lynx, and wolf
European Elk - video
Brown Bear - video
Eurasian Lynx - video
Wolf - video

Day 4:
Norway Paper Quilt
Norwegian Christmas Ornament

This is NOT one of ours - just an example.

Food: Seafood Salad, Roasted Mushroom Salad, Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, and Rice Cream



More Food: Chicken Salad and Orange-Horseradish Chicken Salad


No comments:

Post a Comment