Monday, August 5, 2013

Blueberry Peach Cobbler

With an abundance of peaches (we picked five bushels) and some fresh blueberries, I looked for an inspiration to make some dessert.  Nothing I was finding seemed quite right for what I was searching for.  Sooooo I decided to create my own version of the dessert - one my gluten free family could enjoy :)  And oh wowsers did it turn out wonderful!  It reminded us of Fall, which would be nice considering we keep hitting crazy high heat indexes and I'm ready for cooler weather. Anyways, here is the recipe - Enjoy!



Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium sauce pan, combine 6-8 cups of peeled and pitten peaches, sliced, 3T honey, 2T lemon juice, and 2T water. Heat until warm and slightly thickened.  Add 1-1.5 C fresh blueberries.  Pour into a 13x9 pan.

In a food processor, process 1/2-1C nuts, 1C quick cooking oatmeal (make sure it is GF if needed), 1C brown sugar, 2T cinnamon, 1T nutmeg, 1t cloves, 1t ginger, 1T vanilla, and 1 stick of butter, until the butter is thoroughly cut into the mixture.  Put on top of the peach mixture.

Bake in oven for an hour.  Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment