Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Organization Challenge

Hi all :)  Well we are STILL waiting our orders to move to our dream home.  In the meantime, however, I am taking advantage of this time to organize and declutter.... aka purge!  How in the world do we accumulate so much STUFF?  There are some things I am OCD about keeping organized, such as my herb shelf.  Other things, not so much!

 
Anyways, a Farmgirl Sister from MaryJanesFarm has a four week declutter a room challenge.  I'm just now jumping aboard, and thought some of you might want to do the same.  You can read more about Marsha's challenge over at Markets of Sunshine.  She actually is on week three now, but it is never too late to join in the fun... like I said, I am only just beginning myself!

There are three areas I should probably seriously look to downsize that are "mine" (as opposed to toys or things of that nature)... fabric (GASP, shudder at the thought), books (I think my oldest would shed for real tears!), and kitchen gadgets.  Honestly, I think the latter would be the easiest, and ironically the kitchen is where I spend most of my time... well other than teaching the children ;)

Part of my fabric... Anyone want any Disney fabrics???



Here is part of our books....

Yup... time to Declutter.... So what will we do with all the stuff we are getting rid of?  Most of you know us well enough to know we will donate it!  There is a great ReStore here locally, as well as Goodwill.  There are also many needy families in the area, especially younger military families!  Anyone else want to join the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment