Wednesday, March 30, 2016

St. Patrick's Day 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day

So obviously this post is a little late, but I wanted to try to get it on here, nonetheless!



We kept this fun holiday to a minimum this year.  We started our morning with a favorite "green" breakfast, consisting of a spinach crustless quiche.  Essentially I sautéed one diced onion and 3 minced garlic cloves, until tender.  I then added a container of fresh spinach, until wilted.  To that I added an 8 oz block of cream cheese, until melted and well incorporated.  I turned it off and set it off to the side.  Then in a large bowl, I whisked 12 eggs with salt, pepper, and two cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.  I added the spinach mixture into the eggs, then poured it into a 13x9.  I put it in a preheated 375 degree oven and baked it for 1 hr 15 minutes, and it was set.  We served it with salsa - yum! (But sadly no picture!)

During the day we read a book telling the story of Saint Patrick.  It was extremely informative and a great read!  It was called Let Me Die in Ireland, the True Story of Patrick.  

For lunch, L9 took the lead.  He made homemade pizza - including crust from scratch, and put green peppers on it :)  Unfortunately, on our last pizza, we ran out of mozzarella cheese ;)  We also had some punch, made from lime sherbet and 7-Up.


 

Dinner consisted of Irish food... we had Shepherd's Pie with Irish Soda Bread, using Einkorn flour., and homemade butter.  So de-lish!!!  Dessert was a creme de mint pie!



Hope your day was enjoyable as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment