Saturday, May 12, 2012

GAPS Diet - Day 6

Finally have moved on, to Phase 2 of the Intro Diet.  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Today has gone so much more smoothly!!!!  Breakfast was kinda rough... we had more butternut squash, which my children detest, along with some roast.  To mix things up, I decided to introduce tomatoes... glorious, yummy tomatoes.  Granted, we have to eat them cooked at this point in time, but oh my!  So scrumptious!  I also get to start using herbs again :)  So for lunch I made homemade tomato rosemary soup.  And then for dinner I made fish fillets italiano.  And almost everyone loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!  Except Katie :(  It had onions, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, and italian seasoning over cod fillets :)  Oh so yummy!!!!

On a totally different note, looks like I may be involved in LCHEA again next year.  I have been asked to head up field trips and International Night again next year. I will have help though this year, which I am really excited about.  Brad has not given me the okay about it yet... so we will see :)  I am also wondering if I should put Katie is SHEEP this upcoming year.  The only problem is, it is $20 a month per class!!!!  Not sure how I am going to swing that!  But she knows so few people!  Just need to pray about it, I guess!

Tomorrow is Mother's Day... nothing special planned :(  It is hard living so far away from family around holidays - even this one.  I would love to go to Grannyma's grave site.  I miss her so much!  I know we had not lived near her for some time when she passed, but knowing she is gone is so hard!  And I know Brad's family is getting together to celebrate.  But on the flip side, how I love spending time with just my "small" immediate family <3  God has blessed us so richly!

No comments:

Post a Comment