My Blue Boat, by Chris L. Demarest, is one of those books that I'm glad I found on amazon! We only spent two weeks on this one, but could have easily taken a few "rabbit trails" and stretched it out longer! The children still enjoy "reading" this one back to me!
- Read Psalm 107: 23-24
- Made paper boats out of blue construction paper
- Sailed said paper boats in our bathtub :)
- Watercolor resist pictures
- Blue scavenger hunts
- Painted/colored with blue
- Painted a sailboat with watercolors and glued it onto blue construction paper
- Made whale booklets
- Had a "picnic" on a blue blanket, while watching "Dolphin Tales". We made boat shaped paper food baskets and put our dinner in those and also had blue italian ice with blue sails in them.
- Studied different ocean animals
- Bubble painted the letter B with blue paint
- Made a lighthouse using cups
- Looked at our SeaWorld pictures from a couple years ago
- Watched videos of humpback whales and blue whales on youtube
- Made egg carton whales
- Completed dolphin coloring pages
- Pretended one child was the blue boat dancing through the whales (the other kiddos) - each child had a turn being the "blue boat"